About me...

My photo

Database monkey at BASF. Father of 4 kids. Born in Santa Rosa, California. Went on a vacation to Germany in '82 that still hasn't ended. Opinions expressed here are entirely my own. Life is good!

Stuff that tends to get posted here:

Android
IT
Music
Germany
Ludwigshafen/Mannheim

Other random bits that catch my fancy.

For those of you who know what it's for: RZEPF5N5
Obligatory favorite quotes section 

If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire

- George Monbiot

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

- H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters. 
- Colby Cravens 

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Refill scam part II



I almost fell for this one. I needed Q-Tips, and I noticed they had refill packs for 10 cents less than buying a box would cost. Then I took a closer look at how many were in there. Boxed version 200 pcs. for 59 cents, Refill pack 160 pieces for 49 cents. That works out to a refill pack costing over 2 cents more. Not much, admitted, but I'm betting it makes a pretty penny in sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment